PFF is seeking applications for student internship in the PFF to consolidate the recommendation for MNS and CC under the project “Harvesting Global Food Security
and Justice In The Face of Climate Change” which is being implemented by the PFF in partnership with the Oxfam Novib Pakistan.
We are looking for candidates who are either the final year students of BS or MS and intend to do their thesis in the fields of climate, environment and food
security/ nutrition (Or have already submitted his/her thesis; and intends to conduct a further research on the mentioned subjects). Moreover,
he/she must be willing to work in the field (Karachi, Hyderabad, Jamshoro, Sanghar, Thatta and Badin) and stay with the project throughout the
period of internship.
Technical / Functional Competencies:
* Good writing and researching skills;
* Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills;
* Good organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
* Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
* Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively.
* Demonstrates integrity by modeling the PFF’s values and ethical standards;
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive / integrate feedback;
* Works collaboratively with team members by sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity;
* Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners
* Positive and results-oriented attitude.
* Proficiency in English and local languages (Sindhi & Urdu);
* Applicants should indicate which months they are available part- and/or full time and when they complete their studies;
* During internship intern will send weekly updates for GROW website, write articles which will be published after review by PFF;
* During internship, intern will run a small campaign for its work and send updates for GROW FB, Website and Twitter account to PFF;
* PFF internship programme does not provide a salary for the internship; however, there will be a nominal stipend;
* PFF accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
* The intern is responsible for arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
* Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in PFF during the period of the internship;
* Interns are not staff members and will not represent PFF/Oxfam Novib in any official capacity;